A person who has neither a high school diploma nor a GED certificate may be admitted if that person demonstrates potential for collegiate success. Such applicants will be considered for admission to Rochester Community and Technical College by following these procedures:
- Submit a completed application for admission at www.rctc.edu/apply.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit a written recommendation from your high school counselor.
- Complete the new student assessment (placement test). The assessment test may be scheduled by calling our Welcome Center at 507-285-7557.
- Obtain the recommendation of the Counseling Office of the college. The applicant is required to contact Advising and Counseling to arrange for an admission review appointment.
- Submit a personal statement of your goals regarding your education along with your high school counselor’s letter of recommendation and assessment results to the following individual:
Alicia Zeone, Director of Admissions
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30th Avenue SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Phone: (507) 280-3509
Fax: (507) 280-3529
- The Director, in consultation with other appropriate Rochester Community and Technical College staff, will make the admittance determination. The decision can be appealed via the Rochester Community and Technical College appeal process.
Students with conditional admission status do NOT qualify for financial aid. If questions, please Contact the Financial Aid office.