A person who has neither a high school diploma nor a GED certificate may be admitted if that person demonstrates potential for collegiate success. Such applicants will be considered for admission to Rochester Community and Technical College by submitting the following items:
- A completed application for admission at www.rctc.edu/apply.
- High School transcript, if available.
- Provide a written recommendation from an individual who has observed your potential for collegiate success. This individual can be a high school teacher, counselor, or administrator; an employer, supervisor, or manager; or a medical provider. Family members will not be considered.
- A personal statement listing your education and career goals, including how you plan to be successful in college.
- Schedule and take a new student placement test. The test may be scheduled by choosing “Accuplacer” on the RCTC Student Exam Request Form
Following the submission of items 1-5 to the Director of Enrollment, the Director (or designee) will provide a link to create an appointment with the Counseling Office for a final recommendation.
Rochester Community and Technical College
attn: Director of Enrollment, Box 39
851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Students with conditional admission status do NOT qualify for financial aid. If questions, please Contact the Financial Aid office.