Rochester Community and Technical College is an open door institution, which means all applicants who have earned a high school diploma or GED shall be admitted. Applicants who do not meet this criteria may still be admissible.
Lack of English skills should not be a barrier to admission or participation. In order to eliminate barriers, we take appropriate measures individually assess each student’s ability to participate. Based on the assessment, students are then provided with campus services or a referral to community services to be better prepared for successful participation.
Selective Admission Programs
Admission to the college does not automatically qualify the student for acceptance into all programs. The following programs require a program application in addition to the application for admission to the college. Generally admission to these majors/programs is selective and is based on additional academic criteria.
- Aviation Pilot
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Automotive Technology
- Cancer Registry Management
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene
- Facilities and Service Technology (FAST; formerly Building Utilities Management)
- Health Information Management Careers
- Nursing (AD)
- Practical Nursing
- Practical Nursing Mobility (LPN to RN)
- Surgical Technology
- Collaborative programs with Mayo School of Health Sciences (Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, Clinical Neurophysiology Technology, Radiography)
Questions? Email the Welcome and One Stop Center at email@example.com or call us at 507-285-7557.