Applications are accepted from March 15 until June 1, 11:59 pm for the Fall program start.
Applications received prior to or after those dates will not be considered
STAT Program Application for current high school students.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must apply and be accepted into RCTC.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 – calculated from the past 5 years of college credits.
- Demonstrated college level reading and writing skills required. (**)
- Completion of Math 0094 or CHEM 1101 or higher with a “C” or better or equivalent test score. (**)
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant course (NA 1500) or active-status on the MN Registry. This can be downloaded from the MN Registry Search website which can be found here
- Health 1110 or equivalent BLS For Healthcare must be completed prior to classes beginning in August – online certification is not acceptable.
- ATI TEAS exam – Composite Score must be Proficient level (58.7%) or higher to be eligible
All students interested in applying to the Practical Nursing Diploma program will be required to take the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and score at Proficient level (58.7%) or higher to determine eligibility for application.
- This test is offered at RCTC in the Proctoring Center 2-3 times each month – please sign up early to ensure a spot before the application deadline.
- Students will only be allowed to take the test twice per year and the best score will be used for ranking purposes. The score will be valid for two years.
- Only official electronic TEAS copies will be accepted, no paper copies.
Create An Account With ATI and register for the TEAS exam at RCTC.
Current RCTC students with approved accommodations through Disability Support Services should register for the TEAS test through the Disability Support Services Office. Once a testing appointment has been made, students may pay the testing fee at the Cashier’s Office. The TEAS test materials will only be ordered once receipt of payment is received and Disability Support Services is notified.
Non-RCTC students needing accommodations for TEAS testing must go through their home institution for accommodations, not through RCTC.
**Please call the Welcome and One Stop Center at (507) 285-7557 for further information on academic assessments. Students may need to complete developmental courses in Math and English if placement exam (ACCUPLACER) scores are below recommended level.
Admission Point Structure:
- The combined total TEAS composite score and cumulative GPA will be utilized to rank applicants.
- TEAS composite score divided by a factor of 10 (Ex: Composite score of 72% = 7.2). TEAS scores are valid for two years.
- Cumulative GPA – all grades from all institutions from the previous 5 years will be included in calculation.
- In the event of a tied combined total TEAS composite score and GPA, the applicant with the highest TEAS science sub-score will advance in rank. If a further tie exists, the applicant with the highest TEAS English sub-score will advance in rank.
- Applications of students not accepted into the program each round will not be retained. If a student chooses to reapply, the student must resubmit the entire application for the next admission cycle.
- 3.75 – 4.00 = 15
- 3.50 – 3.74 = 13
- 3.25 – 3.49 = 11
- 3.00 – 3.24 = 9
- 2.75 – 2.99 = 7
- 2.50 – 2.74 = 5
- 2.25 – 2.49 = 3
- 2.00 – 2.24 = 1
Additional questions regarding the Program Admission Requirements can be directed to Jennifer Dahle, Academic Advisor, via email Jennifer.Dahle@rctc.edu
Upon offer of admission into the program:
- Attend a mandatory Nursing Orientation. Nursing acceptance letter will identify the sessions and times available.
- Submit completed health forms, physical exam, immunizations, hepatitis, annual Mantoux and health insurance documentation. These forms will be provided after acceptance into the program.
- Complete a State of Minnesota Background Study and a national criminal background check. Further information will be provided at orientation.
- Students may enter the Associate Degree Nursing program after completion of the Practical Nursing program as a LPN-Mobility student. Applications for the Associate Degree Nursing program will not be eligible after seat acceptance into Practical Nursing.