Accepting your Work Study Award

You must have an award notification which lists “Federal Work Study” or “Minnesota Work Study” to obtain a position. If you have not been awarded work study, please email your name and Star ID to Cheryl Klingsporn Morgan to request that your name be added to the work study waiting list.

If you have been awarded Work Study funding, follow these steps to accept your award and begin your work assignment:

  1. Print the appropriate payroll forms as shown below:
New Work Study Student
Returning Work Study Student
International F1 Student Meet with Cheryl Klingsporn Morgan. Cheryl can be reached by
calling (507) 280-2953 or by email at
  1. A listing of the available jobs can be viewed at: Student Employment Opportunities.
  2. When you find a job(s) that interests you, apply for the position you chose directly with the supervisor listed. Some supervisors/lead workers will ask that you interview for the position.
  3. After you have been offered employment, meet with your supervisor/lead worker to determine your work schedule and complete all payroll forms. You will need to bring two forms of identification with you, such as a Driver’s License and Social Security Card, to complete the payroll forms.
  4. Select how you would like to receive your paycheck with BankMobile.
  5. Bring your completed payroll forms to the Welcome and One Stop Center, where we will review your paperwork and forward it to the Financial Aid Office for processing.
  6. DO NOT begin working until you have received final authorization from the Financial Aid Office via access to eTime through eServices under Student Employment.   Unauthorized hours worked will not be paid.
  7. For DETAILED INFORMATION about student employment, see the Student Employment Handbook.

Optional Emergency Contact Information

Full list of 2023-2024 Due dates for Timesheets and Pay Dates

2023 Pay Calendar

2024 Pay Calendar


Monitor Your Payroll Information

Student Employees can view pay stub information, print W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, and Form 1098-T Tuition Statement from the eServices Site under Student Employment. All student employees must choose how they want to receive their paycheck.  To select your preference, visit

For questions or concerns regarding your work study award or your job assignment, please contact Cheryl Morgan. Cheryl can be reached by calling 507-280-2953 or by email at