Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society founded to recognize and encourage academic achievement among two-year college students. It offers opportunities for the development of leadership and service, the exchange of ideas in an intellectual climate, fellowship for scholars, and simulation of interest in academic excellence. Part-time, full-time and international students currently enrolled at RCTC and working on a certificate, diploma, or degree are eligible if they meet one of these requirements:
- At least a 3.5 GPA after 12 credit hours (1000 level or higher) at RCTC
– or –
- At Least a 3.4 GPA after 16 credit hours (1000 level or higher) at RCTC
To maintain good standing students must maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2.
For additional information, contact Jamie Mahlberg at:
Alpha Delta Nu
The goal of Alpha Delta Nu is to promote scholarship and academic excellence in the profession of nursing. The Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN), has established the Alpha Delta Nu Honor Society for this purpose. The Delta Alpha chapter at Rochester Community and Technical College was granted in 2016.
The objective of the OADN Alpha Delta Nu Nursing Honor Society shall be to recognize the academic excellence of students in the study of Associate Degree Nursing. The society shall encourage the pursuit of advance degrees in the profession of nursing as well as continuing education as a life-long professional responsibility. Additionally, the society shall participate in the recruitment of qualified individuals into the profession of nursing.
Requirements to join:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Earn a B or better in each nursing academic class.
- No previous failures in any nursing courses.
- Earn a provisional membership in second semester if above requirements are met. Submit application with DARs.
- Demonstrate conduct on campus & in clinical areas that reflect integrity and professionalism
- Participate in one educational or recruitment project during the provisional membership period prior to induction.
- FINALLY, induction early in fourth semester.
- (Service hours expected; minimum 5 hrs/semester.)
For additional information, contact Michelle Willihnganz or Elizabeth Wirt at:
E-mail: michelle.Willihnganz@rctc.edu or email@example.com
Phone: Michelle 507-285-7236 or Elizabeth 507-285-7539