Student Success Day (SSD) is an opportunity to connect with friends, faculty and staff while attending sessions designed to help you succeed at RCTC and beyond!
Spring 2019 Student Success Day- CANCELLED
Student Success Day on January 31, has been CANCELLED due to inclement weather.
- Personal Health and Wellness
- Academic Success
- Transferring to a 4-year College or University
What Can I Expect at SSD?
- Numerous educational/success sessions designed with you in mind to help you succeed further in one of the four key areas mentioned above. These sessions are led by our very own RCTC Faculty, Staff, Administrators, and Rochester Community Members.
- Professional head shot photos will be offered at no charge. This is a great opportunity to start your professional personal brand through your digital presence! Don’t have anything to wear for the photo? The Workforce Development Center will be providing professional attire for you to wear during the photo.
- Mental Health First Aid Training (Pre-registration required).
- FREE lunch!
- Transfer Fair with representatives from over 10 Colleges and Universities.
- Resource Fair with on-campus and community representatives.
- Resume critique drop-in opportunity. Have your resume reviewed by a professional at no charge. Don’t have a resume? Learn how to create one!
8:00-9:00 a.m. Registration and Make Your Own Vision Board Activity (Atrium)
8:00-4:30 p.m. Mental Health First Aid Training (Pre-registration required)
8:30-10:30 a.m. Professional Head Shot Photos (Welcome Center)
8:30-10:30 a.m. Resume Critique Drop-In (EA111)
9:00-9:50 a.m. Educational Session I
10:00-10:50 a.m. Educational Session II
11:00-11:50 a.m. Educational Session III
11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Transfer Fair (Cafeteria) Find the list of participants.
12:00-1:00 p.m. Community Resource Fair (Sports Center Field House) Find the list of participants.
12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch (Sports Center Field House)
1:00-1:50 p.m. Individual College Transfer Sessions
Quiet Room located in SH206
4:30-5:30 p.m. Registration and Community Resource Fair (Atrium)
4:30-5:30 p.m. Professional Head Shot Photos (Welcome Center)
5:30-6:20 p.m. Educational Session I
6:30-7:20 p.m. Educational Session II
*Information is subject to change.
What Past Attendees Have to Say
“I felt like I was part of something great, and that we are all trying to grasp the same goals to have a better future.”
“It made me feel proud to be a student at RCTC. It’s nice to see how much the teachers and staff care about the students and how much they want everyone to succeed.”
“I am a returning student and I have attended all past student success days. I found every single one of them helpful in making me a better student.”
“I enjoyed the different seminars that were held including the ones offered at night! All the ones I chose to listen to really helped me seek out for help, to being confident in making a student group along with making new friends!”
SSD Committee Chair: Laura Engelman