Student Forms


Academic Petition

Academic petitions are used generally after consulting with your counselor/advisor and when a unique academic problem is identified (often having to do with meeting graduation requirements). The Academic Standards Committee hears and acts on unique academic appeals and formulates policy recommendations on repetitive academic appeals. Per MnSCU Procedure 3.21.1, the college’s decision may be appealed through the Senior Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs.

Suspension Appeal

To appeal an academic, financial aid GPA, financial aid credit completion, and /or financial aid maximum time frame suspension. You must complete this form and submit it to the Welcome and One Stop Center.

Appeal Deadline Dates

Academic Appeal

Summer Session 2024: Before the start of the requested classes
Fall Semester 2024: 07/19/2024 (If suspended after Summer: 08/23/2024)
Spring Semester 2025: 12/13/2024 (If suspended after Fall: 01/10/2025)
Summer Session 2025: Before the start of the requested classes

Financial Aid Appeal

Summer Session 2024: 06/24/2024
Fall Semester 2024: 09/23/2024
Spring Semester 2025: 02/09/2025
Summer Session 2025: 06/30/2025

Max Time Frame Appeal

Summer Session 2024: 06/24/2024
Fall Semester 2024: 09/23/2024
Spring Semester 2025: 02/09/2025
Summer Session 2025:06/30/2025

Change Contact Information Form

By filling out this form you can change your address. If you are unable to change it in eServices, you can use the PDF version. Return it to the Admissions & Records Office. If you need to mail it in return it to RCTC Admissions, 851 30th Avenue SE, Rochester, MN 55904.

Credit for Prior Learning

Interested students should contact their academic advisor to complete the process via AdvisorVue.  Additional information regarding Credit for Prior Learning can be found at

Domicile / Residency Form

Students who have lived in Minnesota for one full year, and who did not move to the state for the purpose of attending college, may appeal for in-state tuition rates by demonstrating domicile in Minnesota before the beginning of any academic term.

Enrollment Verification Request Form

Obtain an enrollment verification certificate from National Clearinghouse.

Financial Aid Forms

A comprehensive list of financial aid-related forms.

Fresh Start Form

Allows students to improve their GPA by excluding certain detrimental grades from the GPA calculation. See: Policy 3.17.7

Grade Appeal Form

If a student believes, for reasons of arbitrariness and/or error, the criteria and procedures were not followed as described in the class syllabus, the student shall have the right to appeal the final grade. Students need to print out and complete this form within thirty (30) calendar days following grades being posted. See: Policy 3.8.1.

Graduation Application Form

Graduation candidates must apply for graduation no later than the 30th day of the semester in which they will graduate.

Immunization Form

State law requires proof of immunization from students, please fill out the attached form and submit it to the Records and Registration office.

Incomplete Grade Request Form

Students may request and enter into a formal agreement with course faculty if a student was unable to complete all requirements by the end of a course but completed a significant amount of coursework.

Independent Study Request Form

Enables a student to complete an RCTC course when it is not possible to attend the required class because of unavoidable conflicts. A specially designed Independent Study course enables a student to develop, with a faculty member, an educational plan for enrichment or focus on a special area of interest.

Informed Consent / Release of Data Form

Student records are privacy protected by law (learn about data privacy). Students wishing to allow another person to access their private records may do so by completing this form.

Supplemental Student Data Form

Complete this form and submit it to the Admissions and Records Office after you have been admitted to the college.

Transfer Credit Equivalency Form

Some transfer courses may need to be reviewed by the respective academic department before equivalency can be awarded.  To have a course evaluated for equivalency to a specific RCTC course, log into eServices and under Academic Records, click on Transfer Review. Follow the directions to submit your request.

Transcript Retrieval Request Form

Transcript Status Form

Allows students to check to see if we have received previous college transcripts or final high school transcripts.