See PDF copy of this policy.
Part 1. Parking Fees:
All students, faculty, staff, and lessees pay a parking/access/security fee. The President of Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) approves the fee after consultation with students and employees. For the current fee schedule, contact the Business Office.
Faculty and staff pay a parking fee based on their status as employees. Students pay a parking fee based on the number of credits they enroll in. Employees who are also students at one of RCTC’s partner institutions will combine their employee and student rates, but at no time pay more than the full-time parking fee.
Part 2. Parking Lots:
Parking is only allowed in areas designated as parking lots.
Part 3. Parking Enforcement:
- Handicapped spots, fire lanes, special permit spots, and other signed no- parking areas may be enforced continuously. Serious safety hazards or repeated violations may result in towing at the owner’s expense.
- Parking is never allowed in grass or other areas not specifically designated for parking by RCTC.
- Overnight Parking in any RCTC lot is prohibited without prior permission. Violators may be towed at owner’s expense.
- Parking in such a way as to block another vehicle’s free flow of travel is never permitted and may result in the offending vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense.
- Special permit parking is designated for students or employees needing more convenient parking for health or other reasons. Students, please see the school nurse and employees please see Human Resources for authorization for a special permit.
Date of Implementation: Immediate
Date of Adoption: 10/3/03
Revisions: 6/27/2011; 10/26/2021; 11/22/2022