CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ELECTED 2019-2020 EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
Student President: Sudi Adow
Student Vice President: Mohamud Mohamed
Student Treasurer: Siham Abdi
View a full breakdown of the Spring General Election results.
ELECTION VOTING INFORMATION
The Spring General Election will take place March 4-6, 2019. Any currently enrolled RCTC student will have the ability to vote in the General Election. This is a chance to elect the right student leaders to represent you, the students! Voting will take place through a secure D2L online platform. Follow these simple instructions to access the vote:
- Access rctc.learn.minnstate.edu and log into D2L with your StarID
- Click “View All Courses”
- Find and enter the course titled “Student Government Spring Election 2019”
- Click Content and Materials to read the candidate biographies
- Click Assessments and Vote to vote in the election
SPRING 2019 CANDIDATE INFORMATION
Below is a list of candidates for the 2019 Election. Click each candidate’s name to view answers to their application.
Current Student President Candidates (Listed in the order received):
Current Student Vice President Candidates (Listed in the order received):
Current Student Treasurer Candidates (Listed in the order received):
AVAILABLE EXECUTIVE OFFICER POSITIONS
Student President, Student Vice President, and Student Treasurer. All Executive Officer position descriptions can be found in the Student Government Constitution. Benefits of being an Officer include, but are not limited to:
- All Executive Officer positions are paid
- Travel opportunities for LEAD MN and student government conferences
- Leadership training and development
- Learning about local, state, and national politics
- Networking with students, staff, faculty and administrators
- Gaining applicable life skills to help you succeed in, and beyond, college
- Making noticeable change and impact at RCTC
- Creating a network of friends
If you are interested in running for a position, please complete this Intent to Run Form by February 28, 2019.
Candidates may campaign on campus and will be regulated by the Elections Handbook.
ABOUT STUDENT GOVERNMENT
Student Government exists as an integral part of the College’s governance. It is the official representation of the RCTC student body and represents the students’ rights and views to all RCTC stakeholders. Student Government works to annually approve the Student Life budget, set the Student Life fee, and governs all new and existing student clubs on campus. View the Constitution and By-laws. Current officers and additional information can be found under Student Government.