All students, faculty, staff and lessees pay a parking/access/security fee. The President of RCTC approves the fee after consultation with students and staff. For students the 2017-2018 school year fee is $4.75 per credit.
Faculty and staff pay a parking fee based on their status as employees. Students pay a parking fee based on the number of credits they enroll in . (A faculty teaching 15 credits in FY 2018 would pay $71.25 for parking. Since 15 credits is full-time, a staff person working full time would pay the same.) Employees who are also students at one of the partner institutions will combine their employee and student rates, but at no time pay more than the full time parking fee.
Parking is only allowed in designated parking lots or at parking meters. Parking on grass anywhere on campus is not allowed.
The far eastern portion of the East parking lot (space east of the concrete divider) and the most southern part of the West lot (space south of the concrete divider) has been designated for faculty and staff parking only. Faculty and staff wishing to park in these lots must display the parking sticker issued to them when they paid for parking.
- Handicapped spots, the fire lane, special permit spots, and other signed no-parking is enforced continuously.
- Parking meters are monitored and enforced 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Fridays.
- Staff parking lots are monitored and enforced from 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. After 5:00 p.m. the Staff lots are open to students.
NOTE: The West parking lot at Heintz Center that was originally designated as Staff and Visitor parking only is now open to students. Staff and Visitors may park in Heintz Center’s East or West lots.
- Visitor passes allow the vehicle to park in any staff lot, student lot, or at the parking meters without paying.
- Special permit parking is designated for students or employees needing more convenient parking for health or other reasons. Please see the school nurse for authorization for a special permit.
Parking Ticket Appeals Policies:
- The citation must be received by the Security Office, Atrium 201 within seven (7) working days of the date the citation was issued. The appeal form must be legible and filled out in its entirety including appropriate name and address. An appearance before the board is optional.
- Only unpaid citations may be appealed. The payment of the citation under appeal is suspended without penalty during the appeal process.
- Following a review of each parking citation appeal, upon a majority vote of appeals panel members present and voting, one of the following actions may be taken:
- Appeal is approved and citation fine is dismissed
- Appeal results in citation being changed a warning citation
which carries no fine
- Citation is upheld and published fine is applied to appellant
- If action by an appeals panel results in a fine being levied the appellant shall pay the citation within seven (7) working days after notification is mailed. If the citation is not paid within the seven working days time period, the appellant is subject to further sanctions as determined by the parking Advisory Committee Chairperson.
- All decisions made by the Appeals Board are final.