The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) supports Rochester Community and Technical College students by providing financial assistance with unexpected emergency expenses surrounding situations such as accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, transportation issues, fire damage, or need for temporary housing.
Expenses Covered by the Student Emergency Fund
- Medical expenses
- Transportation, car repair
- Back up childcare
- Others, not listed
Expenses Not Covered by the Student Emergency Fund
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, books, tools
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household, or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel, or other non-essential expenses
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or another unexpected critical incident
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students and have demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must complete an online application and submit supporting documentation
Apply for the Student Emergency Fund
Complete the online application. You must sign into your RCTC Microsoft Office account in order to access and complete the application.
If you have questions about the Student Emergency Fund email email@example.com.
Support the Student Emergency Fund
You can support the Student Emergency Fund through a monetary donation to the RCTC Foundation. You can donate online and designate your donation to Student Emergency Support to ensure funds will be allocated to support students in need.