CRRSAA Student Emergency Funds
If you are a current RCTC student, you may be eligible to receive an application-based student emergency grant. Please click here to access the guidelines and application. Note: In order to access the application, you will need to login using your email address email@example.com and STAR ID password.
The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) supports Rochester Community and Technical College students by providing financial assistance with unexpected emergency expenses surrounding situations such as accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, transportation issues, fire damage, or need for temporary housing.
Expenses Covered by the Emergency Fund:
- Medical expenses
- Transportation, car repair
- Back up child care
- Others, not listed
Expenses Not Covered
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, books, tools
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household, or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel, or other non-essential expenses
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident or other unexpected critical incident
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students and have demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must complete an online application and submit supporting documentation
Students who are in need of emergency financial assistance can apply for the SEF online (login using StarID@go.minnstate.edu and the password should be the same as their StarID).
Upon completing the application, a staff member will follow up with the student in order to identify additional campus and community resources to assist them with their emergency. Students are required to complete an application and submit supporting documentation to be considered. Funds distributed do not generally exceed $500.
If you have questions about the Student Emergency Fund email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the Student Emergency Fund
You can support the Student Emergency Fund through a monetary donation the RCTC Foundation. You can donate online and designate your donation to Student Emergency Support to ensure funds will be allocated to support students in need.