- Spanish is the fourth most frequently spoken language in the world.
- Spanish is the second largest language in the United States.
- Hispanics are the largest minority in the United States: the majority speak Spanish.
- Latin American countries are the key US trading partners.
- Twenty-one countries in the world used Spanish as their official language.
- Speaking Spanish as the second language allows direct communication with Spanish speakers.
- Speaking Spanish besides English greatly enhances the job potential and competitiveness in business and professions.
- Understanding Spanish facilitates learning about the richness and depth of Hispanic cultures in foreign lands and of our own Hispanic fellow citizens.
Where Spanish Helps Your Career
For more information about the benefits of Spanish language skills, visit,
Why Take Spanish at RCTC?
- Experienced Instructors (not teaching assistants)
- Student-Centered Education
- Practice with tutors and instructors
- Affordable Tuition
- Transfers easily
- Complete multiple credit Goal requirements with one Spanish class
- Online = convenient schedule
- Learn a marketable skill in all careers and in the global economy