The Rochester Community and Technical College community aspires to create an environment that is inclusive and safe for all members of the community. All Yellowjackets have the right to a safe and supportive learning and working environment. If you have been the target of a bias incident (or have witnessed a bias incident) you may complete the online form below or contact:
Vice President of Student Affairs
What is a Bias Incident?
An act of bigotry, harassment, or intimidation that is motivated in whole or in part by bias based on an individual’s or group’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
If this is an emergency and/or you are the victim of a hate crime, or a bystander to a hate crime, immediately dial 911.
If you are reporting an incident of Sexual Assault or Sexual Violence please click here.
Bias Incident Response Team
The goal for a Bias Response Incident Team is to contribute to a campus climate that is welcoming, inclusive, and respectful for all. The team’s role is to:
- Provide or refer impacted parties support, resources, consultation
- Consider if incident had additional implications
- Refer matter to law enforcement if warranted
- Update campus community as appropriate
- Educate the campus community
- Provide ongoing learning opportunities, events, programming