are due Friday, August 9, 2019. After August 9, 2019, payment is due at the time of registration.
are due Friday, December 13, 2019. After December 13, 2019, payment is due at the time of registration.
are due Friday, May 1, 2020. After May 1, 2020, payment is due at the time of registration.
Please refer to your copy of Stop Don’t Get Dropped!
Students using Facts/Nelnet, if you drop courses prior to the start of classes, please contact the Business Office at 507 285 7472 to cancel your agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Do I have to pay in full?
Yes, or have an approved deferment, or an approved FACTS payment plan.
Approved deferments: Financial aid application on file, 3rd party vendor authorization on file in the Business Office, outside scholarship funds information on file in the Business Office,Veterans awaiting their VA Benefits approved by VA representative, international students with coded F1Visa, or Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program.
What if I register after the tuition deadline dates?
Full payment is due at the time of registration. If you can not pay in full, you must apply with “FACTS” for a payment plan or qualify for a deferment to have your registration held.
What if I can’t pay until I get my financial aid?
If RCTC has your financial aid application (FAFSA) on file, your registration will be held. Your classes will NOT be dropped. Check with Financial Aid for deadlines to complete your financial aid file, apply for any loan(s) and have funds applied to your RCTC account for a zero balance due to avoid a late/payment plan fee.
What if my plans change and I won’t be attending RCTC? I have completed a Financial Aid application or have other approved deferments.
You received a financial aid deferment or other approved deferment, your classes will NOT be cancelled. It is your responsibility to cancel your registration.
How do I set up a payment plan? What is FACTS?
Information is available on our WEB portal eServices
Look under “Tuition and Payment: FACTS Tuition Payment Plan.”
What if I pay in full and then drop courses or change my schedule. Am I eligible for a refund?
See refund policy – eServices go to Registration section
Why was I dropped?
No deferment was received or “FACTS” payment plan on file.
What if I register once classes have started?
Students who register beginning the first day of courses are required to pay at the time of registration. You have made a conscious decision to register after classes have started and will NOT be dropped.
Why was my account assessed an extra $80.00 charge?
Fall 2019: An $80.00 late fee/payment plan fee is assessed to
- any student who has not paid in full by Monday, October 28, 2019 (except FACTS/Nelnet payment plans).
- any financial aid student who does not have a financial aid payment in full applied to their account by October 25, 2019 for a zero balance due.
Spring 2020: An $80.00 late fee/payment plan fee is assessed to
- any student who has not paid in full by Friday, March 23, 2020 (except FACTS/Nelnet payment plans).
- any financial aid student who does not have a financial aid payment in full applied to their account by
March 23, 2020 for a zero balance due.
Where do I pay? How do I pay? How do I access my account on line?
See WEB site for payment detail – eServices go to Tuition and Payment section.
FAQs about the NEW payment policy
- Registration after the payment due date requires payment at the time of registration.
- A Financial aid application on file will hold your classes. This is an approved deferment and your classes will not be canceled. If your plans change and you will not be attending RCTC it is the students responsibility to cancel your registration.
- Financial aid funds are applied to student accounts after the drop/add period, on Thursdays. Any overage due to the student is transferred to your selected refund preference with BankMobile.
- Please make sure your address is correct in eServices.
- We no longer mail statements, we ask that students monitor and manage their accounts through the eServices as detailed below.
- Failure to check your account does not release you from your financial obligation to Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Payments received after the due date will be subject to late and/or payment plan fees.
- Students who have not received their financial aid by the payment deadline are required to pay.
- All balances must be paid in full prior to registering for future semesters. Any unpaid balances will be turned over for collection. Rochester Community and Technical College uses the Minnesota Department of Revenue Collection Division to collect any unpaid fees.
- For semesters prior to and including Summer 2006 – Once you have registered, you have a tuition obligation until such time as you drop or withdraw from the course and according to the refund schedule.
How to Pay:
- Pay at the RCTC Cashiers Office during regular business hours
- Send a check payable to RCTC to:
RCTC Cashier’s Office
851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904
- Pay with a Visa, Master Card or e-check via your online account. To make payment online follow these instructions:
- login to your online account
- select the proper semester Login
- select the Student tab
- select My Account
- select Pay Online
- select the institution you wish to pay
- enter the payment amount
- provide required credit card information
- authorize payment
- close payment window
Need a Payment Plan?
If you are unable to fully pay your tuition by the deadline, you may request a payment plan. In all cases, full payment is expected by the end of the semester for which the tuition is owed. RCTC has a contract with “FACTS/Nelnet” as our payment plan provider. After you register, go to check my account balance, click on payments and payment plan option.