Please refer to your copy of Stop, Don’t Get Dropped!
Students using Facts/Nelnet, if you drop courses prior to the start of classes, please contact the Business Office at 507-285-7472 to cancel your agreement.
How to Pay
- Pay at the RCTC Cashiers Office during regular business hours.
- Send a check payable to RCTC (RCTC Cashier’s Office, 851 30th Ave SE, Rochester, MN 55904)
- Pay online with a Visa, Master Card, or e-check.
Need a Payment Plan?
If you are unable to pay your tuition by the deadline fully, you may request a payment plan. In all cases, full payment is expected by the end of the semester for which the tuition is owed. RCTC has a contract with “Nelnet” as our payment plan provider. After registering, go to check my account balance and click on the payment and payment plan option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, or have an approved deferment, or an approved NELNET payment plan.
Approved deferments: Financial aid application on file, third-party vendor authorization on file in the Business Office, outside scholarship funds information on file in the Business Office, Veterans awaiting their VA Benefits approved by a VA representative, international students with coded F1Visa, or Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program.
Full payment is due at the time of registration. If you can not pay in full, you must apply with “FACTS” for a payment plan or qualify for a deferment to have your registration held. You can learn about FACTS on eServices in the “Tuition and Payment: FACTS Tuition Payment Plan" section.
If RCTC has your financial aid application (FAFSA) on file, your registration will be held. Your classes will NOT be dropped. Check with Financial Aid for deadlines to complete your financial aid file, apply for any loan(s) and have funds applied to your RCTC account for a zero balance due to avoid a late/payment plan fee.
If you received a financial aid deferment or other approved deferment, your classes will NOT be canceled. It is your responsibility to cancel your registration.
Apply with “FACTS” for a payment plan on eServices. You can learn about FACTS on eServices in the “Tuition and Payment: FACTS Tuition Payment Plan" section.
See RCTC's refund policy in eServices look in the "Registration" section.
No deferment was received nor a NELNET payment plan is on file.
You are required to pay at the time of registration. You have decided to register after classes have started and will NOT be dropped.
Fall 2022: An $80.00 late fee/payment plan fee is assessed to
- any student who has not paid in full by Tuesday, November 1 (except FACTS/Nelnet payment plans).
- any financial aid student who does not have a financial aid payment in full applied to their account by October 28, 2022, for a zero balance due.
Spring 2023: An $80.00 late fee/payment plan fee is assessed to
- any student who has not paid in full by Tuesday, March 21, 2023 (except FACTS/Nelnet payment plans).
- any financial aid student who does not have a financial aid payment in full applied to their account by
March 17, 2023, for a zero balance due.
- Registration after the payment due date requires payment at the time of registration.
- A Financial Aid application on file will hold your classes. This is an approved deferment and your classes will not be canceled. If your plans change and you will not be attending RCTC it is the student’s responsibility to cancel your registration.
- Financial aid funds are applied to student accounts after the drop/add period, on Thursdays. Any overage due to the student is transferred to your selected refund preference with BankMobile.
- Please make sure your address is correct in eServices.
- We no longer mail statements, we ask that students monitor and manage their accounts through the eServices as detailed below.
- Failure to check your account does not release you from your financial obligation to Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Payments received after the due date will be subject to late and/or payment plan fees.
- Students who have not received their financial aid by the payment deadline are required to pay.
- All balances must be paid in full prior to registering for future semesters. Any unpaid balances will be turned over for collection. Rochester Community and Technical College uses the Minnesota Department of Revenue Collection Division to collect any unpaid fees.
- Once you have registered, you have a tuition obligation until such time as you drop or withdraw from the course and according to the refund schedule.