RCTC DENTAL ASSISTANT DIPLOMA TO AAS DEGREE IN DENTAL ASSISTING:
This certificate program is for dental assistants that are already Certified Dental Assistants (Certified by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.) but have not been trained in the Minnesota Expanded Functions.
Option #6: RCTC Dental Assistant to completion of a RCTC Associates of Applied Science Degree in Dental Assisting, Additional 17-18 credits:
Required courses are listed below, sequencing is the student’s choice.
|ENGLISH 1117, 4 cr||4 credits|
|PSYC 1611, 3 cr or PSYC 2618, 4 cr||3 or 4 cr|
|BIOL 1110: Human Biology, 4 cr||4 cr|
|COMM 1114 or 1130, 3 cr||3 cr|
|Humanities – Any MN Transfer Humanities course, 3 cr||3 cr|
- Be a graduate of the RCTC Dental Assistant Diploma Program – 47 credits*.
(* The program curriculum must be the same courses and credits as listed on the current RCTC Dental Assistant Diploma Program plan at the time of application to the AAS Degree in Dental Assisting Program. )
- Complete and submit the RCTC Associates of Applied Sciences in Dental Assisting Program Application form*, selecting delivery Option #6.
(*Application, program admission, and completion of all required coursework must be done within 5 years of completing the RCTC Dental Assistant Diploma Program.)
- An RCTC Dental Assistant Program Admissions Advisor will review your application to determine you have met the Pre-Admission criteria noted above, and upon successful completion, you will be offered admission to the Associates of Applied Sciences in Dental Assisting Program.
- Application, program admission, and completion of all required coursework must be done within 5 years of completing the RCTC Dental Assistant Diploma Program.
- The student must show proof of completion of an approved training program* in any new MN Expanded Functions for Licensed Dental Assistants that were added by the MN Board of Dentistry after the student completed the 47 credit Diploma Program.
(* The student must meet with the RCTC Director of Dental Assisting to verify completion of this requirement or to arrange to receive the necessary training.)