Applicants who meet the general admission requirements below will be reviewed by an admissions committee.
Applicants are most competitive when they:
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, including courses in mathematics and sciences
- Have previous patient care or customer service experience
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the radiography profession
- Have completed the prerequisite coursework within 5 years of application
To be eligible for the Radiography Program, applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. A job shadow in a general radiology department is required. This can be done at Mayo Clinic or another health care institution. Please contact the program for additional information on setting up a job shadow.
Pathways into Mayo Radiography Program
Students are required to complete college coursework prior to applying to the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences (MCSHS) Radiography Program. Students have two options to choose from when preparing for application to the MCSHS Radiography Program.
- Students who already have an associate degree (or higher) can apply as a certificate student. If this is your pathway, see the Certificate option details below.
- Students seeking an associate or bachelor degree while completing the MCSHS Radiography Program must apply to an affiliated institution prior to applying to the MCSHS Radiography Program. If this is your pathway, see the affiliated institution details below to determine what coursework is required prior to applying to the MCSHS Radiography Program.
All students are required to complete these prerequisite courses prior to starting the MCSHS Radiography Program:
- English- Minimum of one semester of college-level English composition.
- Mathematics- Minimum of one semester of college algebra; a higher-level math course also satisfies this requirement.
- Anatomy and Physiology- Minimum of two semesters of college-level anatomy and physiology with a lab component.
- Physics- Minimum of one semester of college-level physics with a lab component.
- Speech or Interpersonal Communications – Minimum of one semester of college-level speech or interpersonal communications.
- Ethics- Minimum of one semester of college-level ethics or medical ethics