TWO YEAR DELIVERY OPTIONS – A.A.S. :
Option #1: Dental Assistant Associate of Applied Sciences Degree Program.
64 credits – 2 year delivery – Required sequencing is as follows:
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|DA 1200: Dental Communications||3 cr||DA 1250: Dental Science II||3 cr|
|DA 1210: Dental Science I||3 cr||DA 1255: Dental Materials||4 cr|
|DA 1215: Dental Practice Management||2 cr||*BIOL 1110: Human Biology||4 cr|
|*English 1117||4 cr||*COMM 1114 or 1130||3 cr|
|*PSYC 1611 or PSYC 2618||3 or 4 cr|
|Total||15 or 16 cr||Total||14 cr|
Summer Semester – General Education courses not complete.
Note: All 1st year general education courses must be complete prior to the
2nd year of the program (English, PSYC, Biology & Communication). The Humanities requirement could be completed in the
1st year or Fall semester of the
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|DA 1220: Chairside Assisting I||6 cr||DA 1260: Chairside Assisting II||4 cr||DA 1280: Dental Assisting Internship||7 cr|
|DA 1225: Dental Infection Control||2 cr||DA 1265: Expanded Functions I||7 cr|
|DA 1230: Preventive Dentistry||2 cr||DA 1275: Dental Radiology||3 cr|
|*Humanities||3 cr||DA 1270: Expanded Functions II||1 cr|
|Total||13 cr||Total||15 cr||Total||7 cr|
Pre-Admission Criteria for Options #1:
- Diploma from high school/GED. (Applicants in their senior year of high school may be given provisional acceptance into the Dental Assistant Program if they are on track to graduate and meet Pre-Admission criteria #2-4. Final acceptance into the Dental Assistant Program will be awarded upon submission of proof of high school graduation).
- Earned a “2.5” GPA or better from high school or college.
- Earned a “C” letter grade or better in high school Biology or college Biology (BIOL 1101 or its transfer equivalent).
- Apply to RCTC and declare Dental Assisting as your major.
Complete the following two (2) applications and return them to RCTC Admissions and Records:
- RCTC General Application: www.rctc.edu/admissions/html/applicationform.html
- Dental Assistant Program Application (after September 1st):
Students must place into College level Reading and English on the ASAP Placement test (or its equivalent).