Upon completion of the Computer Science program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
All computer science programs at RCTC meet the following six learning outcomes.
These programs are differentiated based on the required general education courses and the depth of skills and knowledge acquired in the computer sciences courses.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science concepts to analyze and design software solutions.
- Design, implement and validate software using Java in conjunction with graphical user interface.
- Apply current design techniques including the effective application of data structures, recursion, and object oriented technologies for software solutions.
- Evaluate the efficiency of software algorithms using Big O notation.
- Develop logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Work as part of a team to analyze, design and implement software solutions.