Upon completion of the Surgical Technology program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Define and relate the principles underlying the profession of surgical technology, including anatomy and pathophysiology of the human body, microbiology, pharmacology, and operating room skills, techniques, instrumentation, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the principles of aseptic technique and basic case preparation skills primarily in the sterile role.
- Demonstrate practical skills required to work as a competent surgical technologist in the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of surgical case management.
- Apply critical thinking skills for appropriate and safe care of the patient in the operating room.
- Demonstrate the role of a surgical technologist as part of an operating room team providing comprehensive care for patients.
- Demonstrate the practice according to the ethical principles and legal requirements of the profession of surgical technology.
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional skills of interpersonal communication with all patients and other members of the health care team.