The American Veterinary Medical Association fully accredits the RCTC Veterinary Technician Program.
Program Outcomes as dictated through AVMA accreditation:
- Participate in facility management utilizing traditional and electronic media and appropriate veterinary medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Safely and effectively administer prescribed drugs to patients.
- Accurately dispense and explain prescribed drugs to clients.
- Demonstrate and perform patient assessment techniques in a variety of animal species.
- Understand and demonstrate husbandry, nutrition, therapeutic, and dentistry techniques appropriate to various animal species.
- Safely and effectively manage patients in all phases of anesthetic procedures.
- Safely and effectively select, utilize and maintain anesthetic delivery and monitoring instruments and equipment.
- Understand and integrate all aspects of patient management for common surgical procedures in a variety of animal species.
- Understand and provide the appropriate instruments, supplies, and environment to maintain asepsis during surgical procedures.
- Properly package, handle, and store specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Properly carry out analysis of laboratory specimens.
- Safely and effectively produce diagnostic radiographic and non-radiographic images.
- Safely and effectively handle common laboratory animals used in animal research.
- Understand the approach to providing safe and effective care for birds, reptiles, amphibians, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, and ferrets.
|VTNE PASS RATE||
July 1, 2020-June 30, 2023
|Total number of first-time takers||
|VTNE Pass rate annual percentage||