Upon completion of the Dental Hygiene program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Manage the ethical, legal and regulatory issues related to the practice of dental hygiene.
- Synthesize information in a critical, scientific and evidence-based manner.
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration to improve the oral and general health of the public.
- Promote health and disease prevention activities for diverse populations.
- Assessment: Collect comprehensive patient data to identify physical and oral health status.
- Planning: Establish a dental hygiene care plan that reflects the realistic goals and treatment strategies to facilitate optimal oral health.
- Implementation: Provide treatment that includes preventive and therapeutic procedures to facilitate the patient’s optimal oral health.
- Evaluation: Evaluate the outcome of the preventive and therapeutic procedures related to the patient’s optimal oral health.