Upon completion of the Child, Youth, and Family Studies program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Establish and maintain respectful, responsive, and reciprocal relationships with children and families.
- Promote child development and learning.
- Build family and community relations.
- Observe, document, and assess to support children and families.
- Use developmentally effective approaches.
- Apply content knowledge to design and implement meaningful curriculum.
- Promote the health, safety, and well-being of children and families.
- Make informed professional decisions based on ethics, reflection, and critical thinking.
- Successfully complete clinical experiences in a variety of settings.