Upon completion of the Healthcare Office Professional program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Define and comprehend appropriate terminology in the area of pharmacology, pathophysiology, anatomy, and physiology in medical documents.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly transcribe, proofread, and edit healthcare documents using correct English language and the proper rules of grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately manage an electronic medical record.
- Demonstrate the administrative functions, operations, and dynamics of healthcare work environments in the role of a healthcare office professional.
- Exhibit critical thinking, ethical conduct, and professionalism in oral and written communication in a medical office setting.