Upon completion of the Art program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Identify and evaluate the aesthetic quality, cultural significance and historical context of photographs.
- Create photographic images using digital SLR cameras and a variety of other formats which may include but are not limited to film camera and digital camera formats using manual controls.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to artwork through critique.
- Create images that demonstrate intentional compositional techniques based on the elements of art and principles of design.
- Safely use photographic equipment and materials which may include but are not limited to cameras, darkroom chemistry and darkroom processes, digital image processing and output, and studio lighting equipment.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency with digital imaging software.
- Create an extended body of photographic work related to a single theme or idea of personal significance.