Upon completion of the Art program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Create photographic images using digital SLR cameras and a variety of other film and digital camera formats using manual controls.
- Demonstrate fundamental technical skills using photographic principals including camera functions, image processing, printing images, darkroom processing and printing, darkroom safety, studio and natural lighting, and proper exposure using a light meter.
- Identify important contemporary and historical photographic works.
- Evaluate the aesthetic quality, cultural significance, personal reaction to and historical context of photographs.
- Create images informed or influenced by contemporary or historical photographic concerns.
- Create an extended body of photographic work related to a single theme or idea of personal significance.