Upon completion of the Art program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
Associates of Fine Arts
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of the vital role of the fine arts in an historic and
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to artwork through critique.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the elements of art and the principles of design in works of art
- Identify and effectively use art-making materials with media specific techniques and safety considerations related to those media.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency with digital imaging software.
- Create original works of art that demonstrate a visual vocabulary, that explore conceptual frameworks, and exhibit an ability to make effective aesthetic judgements.
- Analyze formal concerns and composition strategies in two and three-dimensional design.