Upon completion of the Carpentry program at RCTC, students will be achieve the following outcomes:
- Show skills in communication, confident decision-making, and team work enabling students to work as a productive member of a construction crew.
- Demonstrate the safe use of the appropriate tools, materials, and techniques as required to carry out work on a building project.
- Read and interpret information from blueprints and specifications.
- Estimate materials and labor costs to complete a building project.
- Perform general carpentry skills, apply codes, and safety standards.
- Adapt a sense of pride, professionalism, and the desire to progress and excel in the construction trades.
- Build character and gain confidence to seek employment within the skilled trades.