RCTC’s Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, in Atlanta, Georgia 30326 (http://www.acenursing.org/), and has been accredited since its inception.
The ADN program has two cohorts of students, one cohort for the generic track that begins each Fall and Spring semester and a second cohort of LPN mobility students who begin in NURS 1118 of the AD program. The LPN mobility students are licensed LPN’s and receive credit for the first semester, N1117: Fundamentals of Nursing. Upon graduation, both cohorts have an associate in science or AS degree in nursing and are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Upon completion of the Associate Degree Nursing Program, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Practice within the ethical and legal framework of the nursing profession. (Professionalism)
- Identify individual learning goals for personal and professional development within a changing healthcare environment. (Professionalism)
- Integrate evidence-based knowledge, clinical reasoning, and the nursing process to formulate safe nursing judgments when providing quality care. (Critical Thinking)
- Demonstrate an attitude of positive regard, respect for diversity, empathy, and integrity when providing relationship centered care. (Caring)
- Collaborate with the patient, family, and health care team utilizing evidence-based health information/informatics to achieve quality outcomes. (Collaboration)
- Perform nursing interventions safely for individuals and families in a variety of settings. (Nursing Interventions)
RCTC is proud of our student’s achievements and maintain a continuous improvement plan for continued student success. The following table demonstrates the outcome data for the ADN program and the LPN mobility track.
|ADN Generic Outcomes||2015||2016||2017|
|NCLEX-RN First Time Pass Rates||90%||93%||85%|
|Program Completion||70.8%||Available Spring 2019||Available Spring 2020|
|Job Placement (aggregated)||90%||80%||85%|
|LPN Mobility Outcomes||2015||2016||2017|
|NCLEX-RN First Time Pass Rates||82%||60%||89%|
|Program Completion||57.8%||50%||Available Fall 2019|